Wednesday 20 April 2011

Seeing Good in Others



   God our Father,
   the qualities I see lived out so well in some people
   are a reflection of your own goodness,
   and I know that I have much to learn from other people
   who reflect your image and likeness  in different ways.
   Inspire me to respect others fully as my equals,
   seeing and loving in them what you see and love in them

    Lord, we ask you to open our eyes
    that we may value and appreciate all people,
    recognising what we have in common
    rather than focusing on what our differences might be.
    Inspire us to distinguish between what is important and what is not,
    and open our minds and hearts that we may always be people
    of good will who bring life and joy to others.  
    Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment